When I am on vacation, I usually do a self-service breakfast for the family (cereal/milk, yogurt/granola, etc), but I sometimes like to offer more hot breakfast options. Mug omelettes in the microwave are the perfect addition to the breakfast choices and are super easy to make.
The best thing about a mug omelette is that it just take a few ingredients and can use up some meat from the dinner before, use some deli meat that you bought for lunches, or find cooked breakfast meats in the refrigerated section of the store. Combining these with some cooked vegetables (from leftovers if you have them) and shredded cheeses makes an amazing breakfast.
Ingredients for Mug Omelettes
- 2 to 3 eggs
- 1-2 tbsp of meat (diced deli meat, diced ham, bacon pieces, small pieces of cooked sausage)
- 1-2 tbsp of cheese (shredded is best)
- Cooking Spray
- Optional Ingredients like salsa
- Coat the mug with cooking spray and then crack eggs and put them in the mug.
- Use a fork to beat the eggs slightly.
- Add meat, cheese, and any other ingredients and mix with eggs.
- Cook in the microwave on high (1 minute for 3 eggs and 50 sec for 2 eggs).
- Stir to break up clumps.
- Cook in the microwave on high (1 minute for 3 eggs and 50 sec for 2 eggs)
- Top with more cheese or avocado slices or anything you would like.
Mug omelettes go great with fruit, toast, oatmeal, and many other breakfast options. They taste great and can be more filling than some more carb-heavy choices. The clean up is easy (no pans to wash), and you can involve even young kids in the preparation.
More Quick Breakfast Ideas